We Provide Access to Care Management Services
Seniors with chronic physical or developmental conditions often require coordination of multiple physicians, expert knowledge of rehabilitation and assistance in obtaining home care services. If your loved one is exhibiting noticeable physical decline, increasing confusion, escalating healthcare costs and an inability to handle daily tasks, it may be time to evaluate the types of support services available.
Geriatric care management is the professional assessment, planning, coordination, supervision and management of healthcare and quality-of-life services. It is a preventive, proactive approach to healthcare that reduces the risk of hospitalizations, nursing home admissions and healthcare costs. Assets can be preserved through planning, cost control and supervision of daily needs.
A geriatric care manager will listen to the concerns of you and your loved one, visit the home and recommend options for improved quality of life, healthcare services and cost containment.
Services may include:
- Special needs assessment and management
- Creation of a full-spectrum care plan
- Referrals to professionals and specialists
- Coordination of services to maximize quality of life
- Assistance with medical and financial planning
- Daily telephone assurance service
- Healthcare bill auditing, review and payment services
- Surviving spouse programs
- Alternative living arrangement assessment and planning
- Medication management
- Nutrition and dietary management
- Pre- and post-hospitalization care coordination
- Nursing home advocacy
- Video inventory of valuables
- Environment and safety evaluations
- Coordination of in-home help
- Identification and reduction of exploitation risks
- Benefits and entitlements procurement
Depending upon individual needs, Star Multi Care can provide geriatric care management services as part of our home care services.