The new year is a fresh start and an opportunity to come up with new goals and ways you want to improve your life for the year to come. As a family caregiver, this is a fantastic chance for you to evaluate the care you give your parent and a life you lead as a family caregiver, and decide what you can do to make the coming year even better.
While there are many ways you can work toward improving the care you give your parents, the level of stress you experience as a caregiver, and other aspects of this role, one New Year’s resolution you may want to consider is making the change of introducing elder care into your parent’s care routine. Bringing a care provider into their life can make a huge difference both for them and for you, and help this year to be better than ever.
Some of the reasons elder care should be on your New Year’s resolutions list this year include:
- Having care can actually increase your senior’s independence. Having to always rely on you for transportation or help with tasks such as running errands, managing personal care needs, or keeping their home clean can leave your parent feeling like they have lost their autonomy and have no control over their life. Bringing in an elder care provider gives them back this control and offers flexibility to their schedule so they can live the life that’s right for them.
- Knowing your senior has access to this care relieves your personal stress, which improves your mental, emotional, and physical health and well-being. Experiencing less stress helps you to be the best caregiver you can for your senior, and also for all those who rely on you in your life.
- If there are other changes coming in your life, such as a new job, moving to a home that’s further from your senior, more responsibilities, or others, knowing your parent has access to elder care can make you feel confident that they will continue to get the consistent and devoted care they deserve.
- An elderly adult who is experiencing a new health problems or has a progressive health condition will need additional care. Starting elder care for them is a great way to make sure they have this care, and that it can adapt and increase as their needs do.
The completely customizable nature of elder care is one of the reasons why these services can be so beneficial for your senior. As a family caregiver, you want what’s best for your parent, and that means ensuring they are respected and approached as an individual. The personalized services of an elder home care services provider are designed to match your parent’s challenges and limitations, but also their personality, preferences, goals, and lifestyle. This means your parent can stay safe and in their environment, manage their health effectively, and also live their best life.
If you or a loved one are considering Elder Care Services near Quarryville PA, contact the caring staff at Extended Family Care of Lancaster. Call today at (717) 205-2174.
A long-time resident of Lancaster County, Mary Lynne enjoys spending time with her husband Terry, and their 3 horses and collies. The countless hours of caring for her client and employee-based “family” at work and at home can truly depict the selfless character of Mary Lynne Heller. Mary Lynne is a Google Verified Author
Latest posts by Mary Lynne Heller (see all)
- When Might it be Time to Seek Homecare Help? - August 7, 2019
- How Do You Know if Moving in With Your Mom is Right for Your Family? - July 18, 2019
- EXTENDED FAMILY CARE WANTS YOU TO TAKE CARE OF YOU - June 28, 2019