Pediatric Home Health Care in Pennsylvania– Kids Come First
When you have a medically fragile child who may have complex care needs, you can rely on pediatric home health care, where kids come first. Pediatric home health care lovingly and effectively takes care of the medical needs of your child in the comfort of your own home. Their compassionate and skilled nurses are highly trained to handle almost any medical needs your child may have as well as having a fun and caring personality to relate well to children.
What do we do?
- Comfort an infant and look after his medical needs
- Assist your teenager with pain management for her medical condition
- Deliver specialized pediatric care for your child
- Help with basic needs such as personal care: bathing, dressing or eating
- Attend to the chronic physical or emotional needs of your young family member
- Work with children and families to formulate a care plan that works
What are your options for care?
Pediatric home health care strives to meet the needs of the individual family. It can be demanding as well as stressful for families to take on the care of their child who has significant health issues. Specially trained caregivers and nurses are equipped to deal with complex requirements for care and will work in collaboration with you.
Options for care include:
- Respite care for a few hours on the days when you really need it
- Part time care which may last 10-30 hours per week and can be scheduled to the days and times convenient for your schedule
- Full time care which could be 40-80 hours per week when your child needs a little more care
How is care paid for?
There are several options for covering the financial costs of home health care for your child, including Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial and Private Insurances or Private Pay.
What medical services are provided?
Our health care services can be individualized to meet the needs of the child, but the following list is a general overview of possible services. Please contact your home health care agency if you have any further questions.
- Dressing changes of wounds or surgery sites
- Administration of medications
- Tube feeding and other nutritional supports
- Management of chronic disease
- Tracheostomy and ventilator care
- Seizure management
- Palliative support
- Other medical support as needed
Home health care for your child helps keep the family together in the home, and allows time for the parents or primary family caregivers to have the freedom and peace of mind to go to work each day or do other activities that involve the entire family. Parents don’t have to worry about the health and safety of their young ones when they can’t be home to watch over them.
If you are considering hiring pediatric home health care services in Pennsylvania, call the caring staff at Extended Family Care of PA.